SparkChange is a high-growth Climate FinTech company and provider of specialist carbon investment products and data. The company was founded in 2018 by executives in clean energy and technology, with backing from prominent financial institutions. Our mission is to revolutionise access to carbon. More investors with access means a bigger impact on the environment. That doesn’t just change a world of investing; it can change the future of our planet.
Our Core Values:
Everyone is an entrepreneur: We take ownership and always stand by our results. We get things done quickly and never give up.
We love what we do: We’re passionate about our work and the global impact we can have as a team, even with a small footprint. We take pride in everything we put our name to.
Best idea wins: If your idea makes the most sense, that’s what we’re doing, regardless of your role or seniority.
We think big and long term: We strongly believe in the power of thinking big and challenging ordinary perspective.
No egos: We don’t get carried away by past wins. There’ll always be bigger challenges, ways to improve, and new frontiers just ahead.
Part-time (20 hours) | 6-month contract
£12.5 - £17.5 per hour (depending on experience)
Hybrid (London Office)
Working closely with our developers, test engineers, and product teams, you’ll be tasked from day one with ensuring that our software meets the highest of standards. We pride ourselves in the quality of our platform and you will be instrumental in ensuring that we deliver products that our clients love using.
The role will initially involve following manual test plans, graduating to creating and completing test plans with the potential to get involved in test automation and develop coding skills along the way. This role requires excellent attention to detail, but we are also looking for candidates with the initiative to anticipate potential issues and flag or solve them.
You need not be familiar with coding or other technology skills, but a willingness to learn is an asset.
The ideal candidate has an affinity in the nexus of energy markets, finance, and technology; is curious, and strives to develop something new and meaningful. We work in a dynamic, project-oriented setting, which allows space for innovation and guarantees a high individual responsibility and project ownership for team members at all levels.
- Outstanding attention to detail: you can execute a test plan and document it clearly, concisely, and professionally,
- You are a confident individual that will identify potential issues and speak up,
- Highly organised and efficient with an ability to meet tight deadlines,
- Good communication and presentation skills,
- Passion for the SparkChange mission.
Desirable skills and experience:
- You don't need to be familiar with coding or other technology skills, but be willing to learn.
- Microsoft Office Skills
- Excellent research skills
- Willingness to learn
- We will consider applicants from all backgrounds, including recent graduates, current students looking to work around their study, and those returning to work