SparkChange is a high-growth, venture-backed financial technology company that helps institutional investors adapt to the climate crisis. The company links the financial world to carbon markets, and sells data, analytics and investment solutions, including SparkChange CO2 ETP, voted Europe's #2 ETP launch in 2021.
With 450 financial institutions having pledged $130 trillion of assets under management will be net zero aligned by 2050, carbon is widely considered the problem to solve. We believe the future of financial investing must integrate the carbon price.
To achieve this, SparkChange’s team of financial and carbon market experts has created a ‘carbon gateway’ that can be integrated across the global financial system.
- Our data and analytics platform enables investors to create and implement strategies to meet their specific decarbonisation, risk or returns objectives.
- Our investment solutions are designed to achieve both financial returns and environmental impact.
This combination provides investors with a comprehensive solution to meet their environmental pledges and differentiate their ESG product offerings in a fast-growing, competitive landscape. They can now identify, quantify, and understand the actions needed to meet their environmental objectives, implement high-integrity solutions, and report effectively to their stakeholders. And, most importantly, they can support the global effort towards achieving net zero.
The SBDR will pave the way in expanding SparkChange’s US market footprint. Initially, they will engage in market research consultations with buy-side financial institutions looking to enhance their ESG portfolios and product offerings, and corporates looking to reduce their carbon footprint using carbon offsets. The BDR will be supported by SparkChange’s Product, Data and Sales teams in Europe. The findings will form the core of our US business development strategy, which we plan to implement in Q4 2022.
This is expected to be an initial 4 month contract, day rate IRO $600-700 (depending on experience), and with hours to be agreed (we are open to full or part time).
- Extensive network of senior contacts at asset managers, with a focus on portfolio managers, Chief Investment Officers (CIOs), and Chief Sustainability Officers (CSOs); and/or corporates’ sustainability teams
- Comprehensive understanding of the financial services industry, particularly the investment process
- Data product expertise, ideally with a strong understanding of the existing ESG data landscape
- Commercial mindset and experience developing a go-to-market strategy for data analytics products
- Proactive, entrepreneurial, hands-on
- FINRA Series 7, 24, and 66 licenses preferred
- Facilitate research consultations across a broad and diverse group of Asset Managers/Asset Owners and Corporates
- Define the US product roadmap through market research
- Drive the development of a US go-to-market strategy and implementation plan